Thursday, July 19, 2012
If you have a bounty of green peppers and tomatoes from your garden,
here is a delicious and easy recipe.
This always smells so good cooking, it reminds me of autumn and cooler days.
It also freezes well for cold winter evening meals.
Fresh Green Peppers
Fresh tomatoes ( or one quart canned if you don't have fresh)
Ground meat, your choice, browned and drained
other meat seasonings to your taste, optional
Any type pasta, cooked and drained
1. Cut tops off of peppers and clean out seeds to make little bowls.
2. Scald tomatoes, peel off skins
3. Mix ground meat, ketchup and sauce
4. 'Stuff' peppers with ground meat mixture
5. Put into crock pot or dutch oven
6. Place prepared tomatoes around peppers
7. Cover, and cook on low for a number of hours until peppers are cooked through
and tomatoes are stewed
8. Place serving of cooked pasta in bowl
9 Spoon stuff pepper and juice over pasta