No Bake Brownies
(Mom's recipe, one of my fav's.
She would make this early in the season and store in the fridge.)
VERY RICH FUDGE TYPE COOKIE
(cut into small pieces to serve to avoid a chocolate coma!)
3 cups vanilla wafer crumbs(make your own, or buy pre-made)
1 cup powered sugar
2 cups mini marshmallows
1 1/2 cups chopped nuts (pecans work well in this)
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 oz. Choc. chips
1 cup EVAPORATED milk(in can)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Melt the choc. chips with the milk, add vanilla.Save 1 cup of this mixture for the icing.
2. Mix the remainder of the choc. mixture with the well blended dry ingredients.
3. This mixture will be kind of dry and hard to work with, use gloves or
grease well washed hands to finish mixing.
4. Pat mixture into a large greased or buttered cake or brownie pan,
or use parchment paper or release aluminum foil.
5. Ice with reserved choc. mixture.
6. Cut into small squares to serve.