Upcycled Flower Vases
The flower gardens are starting to produce beautiful blooms here in Tennessee.
Below is a great way to upcycle drink bottles for use with these flowers.
Idea from Country Woman Magazine online newsletter.
Looking for DIY entertaining ideas for your summer party? Accent your tabletop with these simple daisy centerpieces crafted from soda bottles!
- 2-liter soft drink bottle, clear or green
- Light-green paper twist or tissue paper
- Yellow and white checked gingham wire ribbon
- Yellow daisies (one or two bunches)
- If using paper twist, cut into 18-inch lengths and untwist. If using tissue paper or thin green paper, cut into 18-inch lengths, and crinkle to add texture.
- Cut the top off of the soda bottle. Secure the green paper with the yellow-and-white ribbon. Wired ribbon allows for easier shaping of the bow.
- Arrange flowers in your hand first and then drop casually into the vase. Place taller stems in the middle and shorter ones on the outside. If using cut flowers, add water.
Tip: If it’s windy on the day of your summer party, weight the bottom of your Simple Summer Centerpiece with glass marbles.
Read more: http://www.countrywomanmagazine.com/project/simple-summer-centerpiece/#ixzz3bB5lJs4P