I recently tried this and it's a keeper!
This would be a great camping recipe.
Recipe can easily be adapted to what you have on your shelf. No pinto beans? Use kidneys, etc.
Credit goes to Dinner Made Easy with Six Sister's Stuff via Woman's World Magazine
1 lb. ground meat, your choice
1 medium onion, chopped
1 15.5.oz can pinto beans,drained
1 small can diced tomatoes with green chilies, such as Ro-Tel, I used MILD
1 8oz can tomato sauce
3/4 cup UNCOOKED elbow macaroni
1 Tbs. ketchup
1 Tbs. worchestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/3 cup water
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. In large skillet, brown meat and onions. Drain. Return to skillet.
2. Stir in rest of ingredients except the CHEESE.
3. Bring to boil, reduce heat to med-low.
4. Cover, simmer 20 minutes or until macaroni starts to soften, stirring often.
5. Sprinkle with cheese, cover with lid for a few minutes to let cheese melt.
Makes about 6 servings. YUM YUM
TIP--We stirred corn into the leftovers! Try other veggies for a different taste.