Tomorrow begins Lent.
Instead of 'giving' up or 'doing' without,
consider giving or doing!
Some ideas include--
1. With high heating bills this winter, some families
find it difficult to pay for school lunches--give a donation
to be used to offset these costs.
2. Take personal care items to nursing homes, schools, a food pantry.
Watch for sales/good coupons to purchase. Or visit the dollar store for good deals.
3. Donate gently used clothing to schools, most have a program
to give to students in need--middle and high schools always need
adult sized clothing.
4. Pick up new socks and underwear, donate to schools.
5. Buy a case of peanut butter, donate to the school weekend back pack
6. Take time to send a card or make a visit to the nursing home.
7. Take old blankets or towels to the local animal shelter.
Purchase a bag of animal food/treats and donate.
8. Find a local charity to support.