SlowCooker CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE
8 small red potatoes
2 cups baby carrots, or regular carrots cut into small pieces
1 small onion, quartered
1 corned beef (4-5 pound, rinsed and trimmed)
2 tablespoons mixed pickling spices (some corned beef roasts come with seasoning packets)
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 head cabbage, cored and cut into wedges
1 can chicken broth
1. Place potatoes, carrots and onion in crock pot. (use a liner if you have one)
2. Place beef roast over vegetables. Sprinkle with spices and garlic.
3. Pour chicken broth over all, add enough water (7-8 cups) to just cover meat.
4. Cover and cook 7 hours on high.
5. Add cabbage.
6. Cover and cook 1-2 more hours on high or until cabbage is tender crisp.
7. Remove beef to serving platter, slice thinly across grain. Serve with veggies.
TIPS--do not remove cover while cooking until time to add cabbage.
If cooker runs hot, turn down to low after a few hours.
Pour broth over beef and veggies.
Serve with Irish Soda bread or corn bread muffins!