Cauliflower is all the rage now, here is an oldie but goodie recipe
for a delicious make ahead salad.
Even those who aren't cauliflower fans will like it.
1 large head cauliflower, chopped
1 large green pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped--optional (I rarely put this in)
Chopped cooked bacon, or bacon bits
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or experiment with other cheeses)
Other optional add-ins: chopped celery, chopped hard boiled eggs, chopped broccoli
I cup Mayonaise and 1/4 cup sugar mixed together
1. Mix mayo and sugar together first to let it blend before adding.
2. Place all other ingredients in a large bowl so there is room to mix.
3. Pour mayo mixture over, stir until well blended.
4. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving, or even overnight.
5. If mixture seems dry, add a bit more mayo before serving.