Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies
(I have posted this recipe before, but is always
a good one to re-visit. Great for a quick treat
on these last hot days of summer.)
1 stick margarine or butter
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
2-3 tablespoons cocoa
1/2 cup peanut butter (I like smooth, but any type will do)
1-2 teaspoons vanilla
quick oatmeal--not the kind that has to be cooked
1. Put butter, sugar, cocoa and milk in large saucepan.
2. Cook on top of stove until boiling, stir often to
keep from burning or sticking. Let boil until mixture starts to thicken,
may need to cook awhile longer on high humidity days.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in PB and vanilla till well blended.
5. Begin stirring in oats until mixture is thick enough to drop on paper.
6. Drop by spoonfuls onto wax or parchment paper.
7. Let cool and enjoy!